We can help!
IS YOUR BUSINESS COVID-19 READY?
GUIDELINES FROM THE GOVERNMENT
The purpose of this guideline is to provide basic guidance on the ventilation of workplaces for the control of covid-19 transmission. The focus of this guideline is to understand how to prevent long range infection.
How to prevent long range infection?
EXPOSURE CAN OCCUR IN THREE PRINCIPAL WAYS:
- Touching mucous membranes
- Deposition of respiratory droplets
- Inhalation of very fine respiratory droplets
The above animation explains how droplets transferred into airborne particles may increase the spread of Covid-19 related diseases in our daily environment.
Why do we need ventilation?
3 MAIN RISK FACTORS FOR LONG RANGE INFECTION:
- Enclosed spaces with inadequate ventilation or air handling
- Increased exhalation
- Prolonged exposure under these conditions, typically more than 15 minutes.
Airconditioning Is Not Ventilation
AIRCONDITIONING IS NOT SYNONOMOUS WITH VENTILATION SINCE:
- Air conditioning refers to the ability of the system to heat, cool and dehumidify.
- Air conditioning systems are not automatically ventilation systems.
- Importantly, most split unit aircons do not have ventilation capability, and must be combined with some sort of ventilation (most commonly natural ventilation).
How much ventilation is required?
Minimum ventilation rates for occupied spaces in south african buildings are prescribed by the compulsory standard sans 10400-o: 2011. However, in the context of long-range sars-cov-2 transmission control, the world health organisation recommends that each room is supplied with at least 10 l/s/person (litres of fresh outdoor air every second per room occupant)
Is there adequate ventilation?
THERE IS INADEQUATE VENTILATION IF:
- The room feels stuffy
- If the room has only an air – conditioner
- Any room with closed windows
How to deliver ventilation?
WHY THIS IS NOT EFFECTIVE:
- It is dependent on the wind direction
- It mixes air particles within the room
Covid Efficient Ventilation
Stack ventilation is considered to be the most effective as hot air rises naturally.
ISSUES WITH MECHANICAL VENTILATION :
- Operating costs
- Maintenance costs
- Limited fresh air supply
- Power dependent
BENEFITS OF WINDMASTER INTERNATIONAL TURBINE AND VENTILATION PRODUCTS
- Maintenance free
- Cost effective
- No operating costs
- Fresh air supply 24/7
- Loadshedding proof
- Iso 9001certified
- Tested with proven results
Donation to Adam Massebe Secondary School & Laerskool Totiusdal
WINDMASTER COMMUNITY INVESTMENT
REHVA-COVID-19-Guidance-Document.pdf (1002 downloads )
General-Ventilation-in-the-Workplace.pdf (1202 downloads )
WHO-Natural-Ventilation-for-Infection-Control.pdf (1067 downloads )
WHO-Getting-your-Workplace-Ready-for-COVID-19.pdf (956 downloads )
Roadmap-to-improve-and-ensure-good-indoor-ventilation-in-the-context-of-COVID-19.pdf (884 downloads )